Painting Problem! (Pictures)
Trying this post again.....
We have just put on the first coat of paint (following all the steps listed below and on a previous thread), and we are having a real "tacky/sticking" problem. We are using Valspar eggshell, which we have used in several other rooms with no problems, although it does feel really soft for quite a while after application.
When I go over the same spot twice (just normal blending) the roller is pulling the paint off -- or clumping it together -- not sure how to best describe it. It sometimes happens on the first roll, but usually it's on the second time over the same spot.
We will be applying a second coat, but I am wondering what we can do to fix the spots that are still rough (sand?). Is there something we can do to prevent this happening again? What can be causing it? I'm going to attempt to attach a picture...
Thank you very much for any advice. I don't think this project is EVER going to end Â or end well!
What I did (as on another thread):
1. Removed wallpaper using Diff -- some of the drywall "paper" came off with the wallpaper.
2. Thoroughly washed down the walls getting as much glue off as possible.
3. Applied a coat of GARDZ (after allowing the walls to dry thoroughly)
4. Used joint compound to repair any wall surface damaged by the removal
5. Used spackling compound to repair nail holes, etc.
6. Sanded the areas where I use the joint and spackling compounds
7. Reapplied GARDZ where I've sanded.
Here is a link that might be useful: Painting Problem