yellow wall paint help

traydog420August 13, 2011

I am stuck on yellows for my foyer/hallway area. I think i like reach cream and also calming cream. Anyone have photos of these or photos of other light yellows you like?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

First, welcome to Gardenweb, traydog420!

If you don't get many responses here, you might try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

I'm guessing you mean rich cream, not reach cream? What brand of paint is it? Have you tried doing google searches with the brand name and the name of the paint, such as "ben moore rich cream," or Behr rich cream?

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 8:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizzie_nh

I used Glidden "Uplifting" from Home Depot. DO NOT go by the "color chips" that show up when you Google - this is not a peach tone, but a soft yellow. See the link I've included below.

I know most people here talk about more expensive paints but, not knowing anything about paint at the time I used this, I just went to Home Depot and bought Glidden. As it turned out, it was a breeze to use, and I got great coverage with only one coat (over a white wall, with no primer coat.) It has held up for 4 years - no fading in a very sunny kitchen, and it's very washable. I see no negatives to it.

This may be TOO yellow for you if you're looking for something closer to cream, but I find it to be a good soft, buttery yellow. It looks slightly different in my kitchen than it does here (probably because most of the time it's lit by natural light while this scene appears to be lit with artificial lighting.)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 17, 2011 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™