Toy vacuum for 4 year old

laxgalNovember 3, 2012

This is my first time posting in this forum, and I'm hoping that someone might have some insight to share! My 4-year-old loves playing with the vacuum cleaner - he loves pushing it around, and when I'm vacuuming, he grabs one of his other toys and pretends to vacuum alongside of me. We were thinking about getting him a toy vacuum cleaner (was thinking about the $40 Dyson), but from what I've read, battery life is poor, height is too low for most kids and suction is pretty non-existent. So...I was thinking about buying him a "real" stick vacuum cleaner; they're cheaper than the Dyson; I can get a cordless one that plugs in to charge (no batteries); it may not work great, but it will suck up dog hair - and I can use all the help I can get with that :-) Has anyone else done this? What concerns would you have with this? The only thing I can think of is that he might vacuum something important up...but we keep the house pretty neat; we don't normally have things on the floor that would be small enough for him to accidentally vacuum..

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Quick-Up-Cordless-96H/dp/B004LBHGJC/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1351948721&sr=1-3&keywords=cordless+vacuum+cleaner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

When I am at my DDs house, her 5 year old will sometimes take the stick vacuum I am using and do some of the floor. I see no problems as long as the child knows he cannot vacuum up things like coins or toys or little pieces of things.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 9:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laxgal

Thanks Sheila!

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
my 3 yr old daughter will not mind
Please help! My 3 year old daughter is going through...
wendolyn55
Tips for a long car trip with 23 mos old
We will be travelling in April by car - 1200 miles...
jollyrd
terrible 3's please help
So to start off, this is about my niece. I am her nanny....
ashleykreay22
Toddler Pants: Grovia or Antsy?
Has anybody used both Grovia and Antsy toddler pants?...
SMNDP7
My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk
She understands everything we say, and only selectively...
regansmom
Sponsored Products
Britta Ivory Gray Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$690.00 | Bellacor
Everlasting Rug 5' x 8' - MULTI COLORS
$995.00 | Horchow
Mossy Oak Tailgate Toss XL Shields Regulation Cornhole Set - XLS1-MO
$299.00 | Hayneedle
Seed Tufted Pile Rug by Thomas Paul
$351.00 | Lumens
Catarina Runner 2'6" x 8' - TAN/BLUE
$299.00 | Horchow
Educational Insights Nancy Bs Science Club Aquascope and Underwater Activity Jou
$38.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™