anyone try to up the gpm on their grohe?

tricia257February 2, 2013

I am trying to choose between the grohe brookfield pull down faucet and a danze opulence faucet.

Almost all faucets have a flow rate of 2.2 gal per minute. The grohe is 1.5 gpm (no doubt due to some EU regulation).

I have heard that there are ways to increase the flow of the faucet. Does anyone know about this.

I hesitate to get the grohe if I can't get a good powerful spray or fill a big pot in the time I'm used to.

Any information is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's more than enough to wash your veggies. And it really isn't appreciably longer to wait on the pasta pot to fill. A couple of seconds.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 7:17PM
chitown_remodel

I have a grohe faucet and would also like to know if there's an answer to your question!

I LOVE my faucet and have gotten used to the flow rate. I like that when I turn it on the water doesn't splash everywhere. BUT my husband hates it. He is not used to it at all and would like to up the flow rate a bit.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:24PM
tricia257

Hi Chitown-
I know my dad had a plumber up the flow rate in his girlfriends grohe. I talked to him tonight and he said that there is something in the faucet that you replace and then the gpm is the standard 2.2 gpm.

I think the slower flow may drive me nuts. If I want to use the spray to power wash I dirty plate, I think I would be annoyed that hey went out of their way to make the faucet less effective.Especially grohe's aren't cheap and now to pay a plumber to "fix" it right away. I wish I didn't like the way it looks so much.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:44PM
tricia257

Found this online. Instructions for removing the limiter.http://www.ehow.com/how_12118927_remove-water-flow-limiter-grohe-kitchen-faucet.html

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Support for vintage double drainboard sink?
I'm planning my kitchen remodel now and have a question...
mccb1
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to ikeafans.com and...
criv227
Soapstone in the Midwest/St. Louis area?
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for the past year,...
designsaavy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™