Vitamins-When to give?

Linda352October 23, 2002

I am a grandmother but as a mother always gave my girls their vitamins after breakfast. My DD claims that her pediatrician told her to give vitamins after dinner. Would like to know from Moms what they do and your reasoning as to why? I always thought taking vitamins in the evening could disrupt their sleep. TIA......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
apoem

I give them their vitamins when they are in the bathtub. It was just easier to add it into the routine at that time, since we routinely have to do other medications, lotions etc at that time for my son. I figure it is far better to give vitamins, no matter what time of day, than to forget. Mornings are so hectic at our house (even with my staying home), I don't think I could add another thing to my routine in the morning. I have never seen my kids have problems with getting their vitamins at night.

It is amazing how times change and thoughts and current accepted practices change from one generation to another.

My mother, many times, questions what I do because she too did it differently. Yet, I'm just doing what dr. suggested or books suggested or friends of mine do.

Bookmark   November 1, 2002 at 1:39AM
More Discussions
Toddler Pants: Grovia or Antsy?
Has anybody used both Grovia and Antsy toddler pants?...
SMNDP7
My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk
She understands everything we say, and only selectively...
regansmom
My 2 year old wont stay in bed! help!
My husband and I are having major issues getting out...
courtneyp102
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
Best place for 2 yr old B-day party
Ok Parents....gather around and help this tired ole...
rushaheart
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™