Babysitting prices, please help!

bianca2006September 16, 2006

Hi!

I would also like to ask a question.

If I want to babysit in my apartment complex on for 3 hrs. a day. Would I charge hourly?

I am trying to start an after school care for children, for parents moms that just want a break, alone time, or need to run errands.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stmiddlebrooks

Are you going to do this in your apartment? If so, then you better check with management. If you are management or are working in conjunction with management to offer this to the apartment complex, and the kids will be in the clubhouse or some other central location, then I think I'd charge by the day minimum. Otherwise, you might need 4 workers for one hour according to daycare laws, and then need 1 for the other 2. It'd be easier to schedule the appropriate amount of workers if you charged by the day, and you made them sign up and pay for the days by a certain day each month. Any other way, and it could become a nightmare. Of course, I don't know what the childcare laws are in your state, so they might not be very strict, but usually states have some very detailed laws covering childcare.

Bookmark   September 19, 2006 at 8:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gw:gracie-2006

It would be best to check with your DHS to find out what you need to do to get licensed in your state. It is very important to get licensed when caring for other people's children. In case of injury insurance will not cover if you are not licensed. In my state it is a law.

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 5:52PM
More Discussions
Best place for 2 yr old B-day party
Ok Parents....gather around and help this tired ole...
rushaheart
Goodnight Moon cloth book
Hello A friend of mine has a cloth book with characters...
scoutcat
Big Bed Safety
I just need some safety input. I'm thinking of forgoing...
Adrienne_11
babysitting rates
I have one 17 month old son. Generally, What are the...
Ronda
Tips for a long car trip with 23 mos old
We will be travelling in April by car - 1200 miles...
jollyrd
Sponsored Products
Bradley 6 Rack Digital Smoker - BTDS108P
$599.99 | Hayneedle
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker - BTDS76P
$499.99 | Hayneedle
Bradley Jim Beam 4 Rack Digital Smoker - BTDS76JB
$492.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™