Benjamin Moore vs. Devine

msl511August 2, 2010

I've always used Benj. Moore and have always been happy. We're renovating bathrooms and will use paint in at least one of them. The one that will definitely get paint will have a shower with white field tile with blue glass accent tile. My plan is to paint the rest of the bathroom to match the blue accent tile. I figured I'd take a piece of the tile to my local BM store and let them match it. (Actually, there is variation in the shading of the tile, so that's a whole different problem.) But I just learned about Devine paint and they really have very, very pretty colors, although no stores anywhere near me (NYS, nr the CT border). Is there some reason to get started with mail ordering samples, hoping one of their blues is the perfect blue, etc, etc? Is there going to be something so wonderful about the look and quality of their blue paint on the wall that it's worth going to substantially more trouble (and cost?) than just getting a color match from BM?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
choc-full-o-nuts

I think that Devine color is made by Miller paints. I have never used Miller paints. There seems to be a lot of misinformation on the Net about paint. You see, when the paint formulations were changing, the manufacturers reformulated their paint but kept the old trade names. It's a bit like buying a matress but I digress. Anyhow, one person will say Behr Sucks use Valspar. Ok.. well, without knowing the date codes and formulations made at the time of the complaint you are kind of comparing two things that may not even actually exist. It's confusing. I say give it a try if you want but I like to go to the store and watch them mix it for me.

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Repainting recently painted cabinets
If someone could offer me some advice I'd be so very...
deever
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
BM graytint
used it? Love/like/hate it? Feng Shui says extra...
randekasp
Paint for basement stairs
I'm planning to repaint my basement stairs. Is SW Porch...
corgimum
Help pick paint colors for exterior 1902 victorian
We have a 1902 victorian in a small town in Iowa. Unfortunately,...
Jennifer Weinman
Sponsored Products
Stone Cottage Moore 3-piece Cotton Duvet Cover Set
Overstock.com
DG Casa Benjamin Sofa
Overstock.com
Benjamin Bunny Eating Radishes Egg Shaped Water Globe
$11.49 | zulily
Design Toscano Stoker's Moors Dragon Skull Sculpture - Small - CL2818
$96.90 | Hayneedle
Flambeau Derbigny Oversized Black and Gold Table Lamp
Lamps Plus