Painting Consultant

patmc102August 16, 2011

I am going to be painting the interior of my home. I have decided to hire a painting consultant that works in my local paint store to come to my home to help in the picking of paint colors. I know what kind of paint I want and I know I am a warm color person. Is there any thing else I should do before she comes? I know I can go on the computer and find pictures but I have found from experience that what you see on a computer monitor is not exactly the true color.. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

The paint you want and what they might want could be problamatic

Bookmark   August 17, 2011 at 4:53AM
patmc102

What I wanted was another "set of eyes". In the past I have spent hours laboring over what colors go with what . I have to say I have made very few mistakes once I settle on a color. I also live with what I paint for a long time. This time I decided to go with a person who has been trained to select colors based on many different factors. Of course this is no guarantee that I will like what she selects but at least it gives me a stepping stone to work from. She is coming to my home today so I will post my experience.

Bookmark   August 18, 2011 at 9:23AM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Paint Consultant - "paint" not color.

Beware of color consultants who work for paint stores. Their main goal is to sell their paint, not help you with your colors.

They are looking for opportunity to sell you something first and foremost, their interest and loyalty lies with their store. Not you. The color aspect is secondary at best.

Independent color consultants work with many brands for many reasons. Store consultants work for the store first and you second.

Bookmark   August 18, 2011 at 1:05PM
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

Paint Consultant - "paint" not color.

That's what I was getting at( I guess not to clearly)

Bookmark   August 19, 2011 at 5:40AM
More Discussions
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™