pacifier

patchSeptember 30, 2005

I have a 3 year old who still has his pacifier but only at night and nap time. I have been trying to break him of this habit with no luck. Does any one have in suggestion on how I can do this.

thanks

patch

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I traded my son his pacifier for something he really wanted.....can't remember what it was....maybe a bigger trike...
I told him that when he was through with pacifiers, then we would go right out and buy, whatever it was.
He went right to the garbage and threw it in! LOL!
My grand daughter got weaned off by lack of any new ones.....and the old got flat and ikky one at a time. My daughter told her if she wanted them to last and not wear out, she shouldn't use that last one so much.....so she broke her self by saving it.
One grandson used it at bed time well after 4....knew it was a baby thing to do....so his mother told him to keep it on the dresser.....and if he really needed it, he could get out of bed and go get it....and again he broke himself of the habit.
Different things for different kids....but the best way is to convince them that it's not a good idea to keep one in your pocket at kindergarten!!
Linda c

Bookmark   September 30, 2005 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patch

thanks linda for your advice I will have to try this. I will let you know how it work thanks again for the advice.

patch

Bookmark   September 30, 2005 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
My 2 year old wont stay in bed! help!
My husband and I are having major issues getting out...
courtneyp102
Goodnight Moon cloth book
Hello A friend of mine has a cloth book with characters...
scoutcat
Did I hurt nanny's feelings?
My son (21 mos) goes to a lovely nanny who keeps total...
jollyrd
playdates - how to relate to a "passive" mother?
I have one 2 yr old son. I am trying to have playdates...
jollyrd
A question about baby clothing sizes
Hi everyone I'm writing to ask a question about clothing...
spedigrees z4VT
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™