Muralo creamy white for kitchen cabinets

wifiskerAugust 24, 2012

Hi everyone.

I've posted in the Home Decorating forum to get opinions on painting the cabinets in the home we're buying next month. It was a unanimous "YES!" so now I'm trying to choose a paint color.

We're hiring a painter and I originally thought he was going to use Benjamin Moore but he's since told me he prefers to use Muralo and has a local place to get it. From what I've read on this forum and elsewhere it sounds like great quality stuff. (Yay!) However, since it's less common than BM or SW it's hard for me to find examples of their paint colors actually in use in real life.

Has anyone used Muralo who could recommend a nice soft or creamy white for these cabinets? Not yellowish, but not too stark white either.

Also, our painter was contemplating using a sprayer to avoid brush strokes and get a nice smooth finish but now he's thinking that a brush is the better way to go to avoid the heavy wood grain from coming through. Any thoughts on which process to use? There's a lot of beadboard going on this kitchen and I'd also like to avoid any bleed through of the stain or heavy wood grain being visible.

Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wifisker

Another pic of the kitchen from a different angle...

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™