finding paint

bronxbillAugust 28, 2010

Trying to find - MERION MVL11 FLAT BONE CEILING WHITE - Hovnanian Builders used this on my home 12 years ago. Anyone have any knowledge on this brand /paint? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Thanks for any input you can add.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

No, I don't.

But for what purpose do you need to find it? And did you get that info directly from the can of paint, or no?

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 1:05AM
bronxbill

funcolors: My neighbor gave it to me on paper not the actual can.(same painting) I also remember the paint can white with a blue circle & the name Merion in it.
I want to paint my kitchen ceiling (wall paint marks etc) but it flows into my livingroom & foyer ceiling - If I can't match it I will have to repaint the comlpete 3 rooms of ceiling. there is no break-off or seperation of rms.

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 9:03AM
paintguy22

It is very unlikely that this will match even if you know the exact paint and color...12 years is too long. Merion could be the name of the painting company too as some of these larger outfits have their own custom labels that they put on their own cans.

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 10:09AM
bronxbill

funcolors, paintguy -
Thanks What I will do then is try to match with swatches from various stores - As I have on another thread (about patching ceiling holes) we found BM super white as the closet match. so I'll try the same with my ceiling.
Thanks again - keep ya posted
Bill

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 11:01AM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Okay, understood.

But you can fudge a little. Probably. I know the ceiling is continuous, but is the floor? Are there doorways or "zones".

You can draw a line on the ceiling and repaint just the kitchen "zone" without painting the other areas.

Provided !!! you find a really close paint match and you have a flooring material change or a doorway to help pull off the illusion.

You might notice but I bet no one else will. Can be a good strategy; paint only the kitchen ceiling zone first and see if you pulled it off. If not, then resort to painting the whole thing.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just some ideas. . . .

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 3:45AM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™