Shower Registry.. What would you change?

mofinskiJuly 20, 2006

I am just curious, if you could register all over again now that you've had your baby, what things would you add and what did you get that you didn't need?

I would have registered for a million diapers in all different sizes and a convertable carseat because my son is growing WAY faster than anticipated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

It is considered very rude to "register" for things for a shower. It's like saying "Have a party for me and these are the gifts I want you to bring."
What's next? Kids registering for graduationb gifts?
Linda C

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 11:56AM
carla35

I never heard it was rude to register for things for showers. I thought it was just rude to put where you are registered on the invitation.

Registries have been around forever...how else will someone know what china pattern you picked, or what color towel you prefer? How will people know if you are breast or bottle feeding, etc. You don't have to use them, but registries are made to be helpful.

Personally, I wouldn't have registered for so much newborn clothes or the expensive bedding especially since nowadays so many docs are saying not to use the comforter at all and to only use the bumper pads for a couple months...so you're paying really big bucks for a sheet. I think there is a lot of waste with decorating a room too.

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 1:15AM
christy2828

I love registries. As of late, all of my friends are getting married or having babies. I can shop for things I'd think they'd want, but I'd rather get them something that THEY want! It's like writing a Christmas List. My father in law tells us every year, NO LIST, NO PRESENTS!!!

Hehe, he's a character :) Christy

Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 3:40PM
momj47

I hate them, I think they make the person seem grasping and greedy. What would I change, I'd do away with them entirely.

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Best place for 2 yr old B-day party
Ok Parents....gather around and help this tired ole...
rushaheart
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
Bedtime routine? What's yours
I don't think my bedtime routine for my 3 year old...
myfampg
my 2 year old son can spell words
so my sons favorite toy is his collection of magnet...
tylers_dad_josh
Delayed Speaking in 3 year old / Selective talking
My dd is 3 years old on Friday. I am being assured...
danmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™