Potty training....

organic_mariaJune 25, 2009

ok started potty training a while back. Got setback because one of the daycare workers left for one months and the other one didn't resume the training...so now i send him to daycare in his underwear.

Hes good, he holds it in...but refuses to go for the most part. Yesterday he peed finally on the toilet with alot of encouragement! But then had an accident... A BIG ONE...CAN WE SAY WATERFALL!!!!!! lol..i laughed but he was traumatized. He really didn't like getting wet like that and then my hubby told him, if you need to go, go to the toilet....

Does anyone have any suggestions on somehow making it fun for him to go and sit on the toilet. We have to carry him everytime an dmake him sit when i see the visual signs...like crossing his legs and he does the run aroudn panic run....He yells not to be there..and i just want it less stressful..we've tried bubble making...rewarding him with crackers helped the first time..but not the second....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Put bits of paper or cheerios in the toilet and have him play "sink the ship"...if he's old enough to use the potty he's old enough to stand....and for little boys, that's a lot more fun!!
Maybe Daddy needs to teach him...
Linda C

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 11:05AM
More Discussions
Big Bed Safety
I just need some safety input. I'm thinking of forgoing...
Adrienne_11
My 2 year old wont stay in bed! help!
My husband and I are having major issues getting out...
courtneyp102
my 2 year old son can spell words
so my sons favorite toy is his collection of magnet...
tylers_dad_josh
terrible 3's please help
So to start off, this is about my niece. I am her nanny....
ashleykreay22
Delayed Speaking in 3 year old / Selective talking
My dd is 3 years old on Friday. I am being assured...
danmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™