Idea for a Super-Quick Healthy meal for 2 year old

netshoundJune 13, 2006

Hi All. I need some suggestions. My husband works alot at night and I'm not a big eater myself. Since I have a 2 year old, is there any type of meal I can make her that is quick and healthy? We like to be busy outside this time of year and I don't want to prepare anything that is going to take long or dirty a bunch of dishes for one little person! Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I like to cook microwavable foods so I can stick the dishes in the dishwasher.

I microwave a lot of my veggies like broccoli, green beans, etc. Some of the frozen meals aren't too bad. I'll sometimes make a frozen mac 'n cheese as a part of a meal and divide it between my childrens plates. I buy lunch meat from the deli because I think it has less preservatives and is usually healthier. We'll have the nuked mac'n cheese, can of green beans and a couple of slices of rooled up lunch meat.

Also, I cook up chicken breasts in the oven so I'll have enough for a few meals. It easily goes into things like a salad as a meal, rice a roni, etc. You have to watch what you're making, but if you do it right, it can be quick and fairly healthy.

Bookmark   June 13, 2006 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
My 2 years old doesn't walk, talk due to seizures
Dear All, My little daughter now 2, started fitting...
synchrony
Tips for a long car trip with 23 mos old
We will be travelling in April by car - 1200 miles...
jollyrd
Charleston area suburbs/communities
I've finally convinced my wife to move out of the cold...
craigg82
4 year old won't potty train
My four year old son refuses to be potty trained. Any...
rynn01
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™