Can You Recommend Cabinet Locks?

mpp798May 11, 2008

Our twelve month old twin grandchildren get into everything. We just moved into a new home. I want to put locks on all the kitchen cabinets so they can't open them. Can you recommend a really good kind that will not damage the cupboards. I do not want to drill holes. I haven't been able to find any reviews on the internet, only adds. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Look in your local hardware store. We bought those hook latches in nylon like plastic. You attach them inside the cabinet doors and you do screw them into the inside of the doors and drawers.

Bookmark   May 11, 2008 at 6:26PM
pumpkinmom

THE ONES WE USED ARE BY SAFTEY FIRST OR THE FIRST YEARS I CAN'T REMENBER WHICH AND DID GET SCREWED IN BUT TO THE BACKSIDE OF THE CABNIT AND THEY WERE MAGNETIC.THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF LOCKS WHEN YOU LOOKED AT THE CABNITS! THESE WOULD ONLY BE GOOD IF YOU HAD THE CHILDREN ALOT BECAUSE YOU USE A MAGNET TO OPEN THEM (NOT VERY CONVENIENT). WE KEPT THE MAGNET ON THE SIDE OF FRIDGE AND A SPOT ON THE WINDOWSILL THAT HAD METAL. WE LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY DID NOT OPEN AT ALL SO NO FINGER PINCHING. THE STRAP KIND LET THE DOOR OPEN SLIGHTLY AND THEIR FINGERS CAN GET IN THERE.

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 8:42AM
brooke79

I got mine from Target. I believe they were safety first brand. There are a few different options depending on your cabinets. I would experiment with those. They are fairly cheap to purchase.

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 8:54PM
marie1066

I saw those magnet locks once but can't remember where. Can you tell me what store you got them or if you can order them online? I think they are great.

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
Safe Mattresses
I am looking for some guidance on where to buy the...
gaslight1986
my 2 year old son can spell words
so my sons favorite toy is his collection of magnet...
tylers_dad_josh
Toddler Gifted - What to do?
I am not bragging (and my husband has administered...
rob333
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
twin bed or full bed for a toddler
I am trying to find out what would be better for a...
arcy_2007
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™