My 3 year old and tantrums

livisandlaylasmommyMay 7, 2012

Well this is the story its not just naps but all the time! She decided after some school time that she was going to throw a fit after dropping her pencil on the ground and even when she was completely capable of getting up and getting it she instead threw the hugest fit cause I wasnt going to get it for her....I on the other hand had to fix lunch for my 1year old and was not able to, even if I wanted to! I looking at the time realized it was time for her nap again another fit over something else so I picked her up and she began screaming and kicking me as if I were beating her and grabbed every wall on the way to her room! Any advice on this situation would be great Im at my breaking point and realize any advice at this point would be just wonderful! Now shes a very great and smart kid she really is

but what am I going to do when she begins real school and has these issues??Please Help!!! Ive tried many things including taking toys, taking the TV, putting her in corners even a spanking every now and then WHAT DO I DO IM SO LOST!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sandy16

I have a 3 and a 1 year old as well. Every so often my older daughter will go through those phases. My advice is ignore the tantrums completely! Let her wail about her dropped pencil for as long as she wants, just ignore it. If she doesn't get the response she was looking for she won't do it. We have a rule that it is perfectly fine to be upset but being disruptive is not OK. If I can't ignore it she goes to her time out chair until she calms down enough to talk about it. This too shall pass.

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 8:25PM
More Discussions
Safe Mattresses
I am looking for some guidance on where to buy the...
gaslight1986
My 2 year old wont stay in bed! help!
My husband and I are having major issues getting out...
courtneyp102
Tips for a long car trip with 23 mos old
We will be travelling in April by car - 1200 miles...
jollyrd
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
my 2 year old son can spell words
so my sons favorite toy is his collection of magnet...
tylers_dad_josh
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Handmade Heritage Blue/ Brown Wool Runner (2'3 x 16')
Overstock.com
Small "Angelic" Bottle - PLUM/BLUE
$225.00 | Horchow
Bronx 7 1/2" Wide Black Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Area Rug: Somerset Bay Lettuce Leaf 3' 3" x 5' 3"
Home Depot
Everstone 21 3/4" High Black Outdoor Post Lantern
Lamps Plus
Spot 1 Wall Light
Lightology
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™