9 month grandson toys for grandparents house?

lpinkmountainMay 4, 2012

We would like to have more visits with BF's grandson and so for our first official visit I'd like to set up a small play mat in the living room with some toys appropriate for a 9 month old very smart, active boy. Grandad doesn't get to see his grandson very often so I'm looking for things that will be maximum fun for the baby and give lots of interaction with grandad. Books we have a lot of, my hobby is collecting children's books. I want to keep it simple, I don't want to get a whole bumch of elaborate things. I know that a set of pots and pans and a wooden spoon would probably keep him happy as could be but since the visits are rare and short, I wanted to have a little something extra available. But I don't want to look like I'm trying to impress anyone or spoil him either. Just a couple of nice things that we could keep around the house for any future visits. Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

My 9-month-old grandson enjoys this Laugh & Learn Musical Table. It has different settings to make the various activities musical or educational in other areas--including learning a little Spanish. My grandson pulls himself up to stand next to it, and "cruises" around, trying the different activities.

I recently ordered this Hide & Squeak Egg Game for him, but as it hasn't arrived yet I can't comment on it. The reviews are good, though.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk
She understands everything we say, and only selectively...
regansmom
Speech Delay?
My daughter is almost 3 years old. She talks..alot..but...
sedda
terrible 3's please help
So to start off, this is about my niece. I am her nanny....
ashleykreay22
My 2 years old doesn't walk, talk due to seizures
Dear All, My little daughter now 2, started fitting...
synchrony
Fever & Rash from MMR Vaccine?
DD had her 15 month checkup last week and got her MMR...
Karla_NE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™