Kitchenaid vs. jenn air

horseyonzFebruary 15, 2013

Complete remodel with new kitchen...can find exactly what I want in both Kitchenaid and Jenn Air lines. Understand that both are now owned by Whirlpool. Currently have a Kitchenaid kitchen and really like it. Have also had a Jenn Air cooktop in a previous home and really liked it too. Comments appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springroz

i had a terrible time with the electronics on both brands. Buy from Sears and get a maintenance agreement.

Nancy

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 7:51PM
kgolby

Nancy,

Can you be more specific about your issues? I just placed an order w/ Sears for a new KA range, refrigerator & microwave. Husband & I discussed not going w/ the maintenance plan. I have until tomorrow to make a decision.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 1:28AM
repac

We've had KA refrigerators (2) and dishwashers (4; we have 2 DWs in our kitchen) over the past 20+ years. They've all performed well for us. The first frig worked well for over 15 years, had maybe one service call on it? Then it had to be replaced, and the second one is going strong for almost 15 years and is being replaced only because the color doesn't match our remodel. Current DWs are probably 10 years old and also being replaced to match the remodel. (Sounds wasteful, but all working appliances were donated to Habitat for Humanity.) So we've had good luck with KA, although they say that current models don't last as long as older ones--YMMV. I would never get a maintenance plan for a microwave, as they can be replaced easily for minimal cost.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 9:17AM
lascatx

Sear's maintenance plan is the most expensive one out there, and you have to use their service people (A&E) and at least here, they are terrible. Unless you can get a really good deal on a package plan, I'd just put some money aside for service if and when you need it with the service provider of your choice.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 1:47PM
ekbecker1

horseyonz, I'm curious to know what appliances you decided to get and whether you've been happy or not. I too am deciding between the Kitchen Aid and Jenn Air.

I like the looks of the JA over the KA. The salesperson told me the refrigerator cabinets are exactly the same between the 2 brands (just the door handles and dispensers are different).

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 5:19PM
susanlynn2012

My KitchenAid dishwasher is now over 3.5 years of age and has no problems at all so far. I love both the KitchenAid and Jenn Air appliance lines. I did buy the 5 year mainteance agreement from PCRichard & Sons but now wish I did not.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 6:51PM
Holly- Kay

I bought all jenn air appliances for my kitchen Reno I sure hope I have good luck with them

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Ikea Cabinets & Butcherblock - Quality?
We're about 95% sure we're replacing our cabinets....
annaw_123
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Sponsored Products
KitchenAid Pro 6500 Stand Mixer
$549.99 | FRONTGATE
KitchenAid KFP0922 9 Cup Food Processor - White - KFP0922WH
$149.99 | Hayneedle
KitchenAid RKP26M1XPM Pearl Metallic 6-quart Pro 600 Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer (Refu
Overstock.com
KitchenAid RKMT211CU Contour Silver 2-slice Toaster (Refurbished)
Overstock.com
KitchenAid RKFP710WH White 7-cup Food Processor (Refurbished)
Overstock.com
KitchenAid KFP0922 9 Cup Food Processor - Contour Silver - KFP0922CU
$149.99 | Hayneedle
KitchenAid Stainless Steel 14-piece Pro Knife Set
Overstock.com
KitchenAid KFC3511 3.5-Cup Food Chopper - Empire Red - KFC3511ER
$39.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™