good green BM paint color for kid's bedroom

remodel-mamaAugust 17, 2010

Hi all,

Has anyone out there had a good experience with a BM green paint color? I am trying to pick a green for my child's room - I have not had good luck picking greens in the past and am hoping someone out there can help.

The ceilings are 9' high and there will be a picture rail at about 8' and white/off-white ceiling color above. I am considering the following greens and wondered if anyone out there had used these:

Pale Sea Mist (2147-50)

Rainforect Dew (2146-50)

Nantucket Breeze (521)

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mom270

I haven't used these but I have seen/read about two of them. A designer in "House Beautiful" said she thought Rainforest Dew was the most underrated color. It has a glow to it. Nantucket Breeze was a recent Pottery Barn selection and I'm sure you can find the google image of their office painted in that color. It looked nice. Potpourri green might be a nice choice for a child's room. That is a fall/winter Pottery Barn kids selection. It's a clear, bright green. You probably know this but the most important thing is to sample the colors in your light. Differences in lighting make all the difference in how paint looks. Many people rave about Camoflauge but in my lighting it looked like mud. Good luck!

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 9:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remodel-mama

mom270: Thanks so much for your feedback. I will definitely check out Potpourri!

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™