baby sitting rates

momo12324February 15, 2010

Im 13 and I am starting to baby sit a 3 year old and a 1 year old they are my neighbors and they want me to sit on a friday or saturday night what should i get payed an hour???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

Ask around at your school and see what others get for babysitting. I would think between $5 and $10 an hour. That's a big responsibility and you'll work hard with toddlers - just ask their mom.

The more you are expected to do, the more you should be paid. If you come over after the kids are asleep you might get paid at the lower end, but if you are expected to feed them a meal, play with them, get them ready for bed, put them to bed, clean up, etc, then you certainly deserve to get $10 an hour.

Good luck

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 11:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Juvie

I have a 15-year-old daughter, and she charges $7-$10 an hour, depending on the situation (how old are the kids, how many kids, how late she has to stay out). Rates can vary a lot by area (e.g., New York, vs. a suburb, vs. rural). You can also charge more if you have done courses in babysitting and can show certification in first aid and CPR.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
terrible 3's please help
So to start off, this is about my niece. I am her nanny....
ashleykreay22
My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk
She understands everything we say, and only selectively...
regansmom
Toddler Gifted - What to do?
I am not bragging (and my husband has administered...
rob333
Best place for 2 yr old B-day party
Ok Parents....gather around and help this tired ole...
rushaheart
my 3 yr old daughter will not mind
Please help! My 3 year old daughter is going through...
wendolyn55
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™