need help with a car seat

angieinFebruary 1, 2005

I'm a grand-mother. I want to purchase a car seat that is safe and doesn't cost $150.00 for our grandson (2 yrs. old). Please give me some ideas on brands and cost. I'm new at this since he's our first. Thank you so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skatiero

Avoid Costco-- they have more recalls than anyone else!!! Go for one which can be rear-facing until 35 lbs, and keep that baby rear-facing as long as you can past 1 yr. It's the safest way to travel!

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 8:59PM
kathyg_in_mi

Graco ComfortSport car seats were rated really well by Consumer Reports. They range in price from ~$59 to over $100. They are all the same, just more padding in the pricier models (just more cushion, not more safety). They sell them at Toys R US and Target. My mom and I both have the $59 seats, and my son is very comfortable.

Bookmark   February 21, 2005 at 10:54PM
mollyjanea

also, once you choose one, the police department has officers trained in the safest installation. the middle of the back seat is NOT always the safest spot, it depends on the vehicle. they will have lots of info for you.

Bookmark   March 3, 2005 at 10:19AM
hovegator

Britax are widely recognized to be the best, but they are expensive. I have heard that the Evenflo Triumph is a close runner up and only costa about $120.

Bookmark   August 16, 2005 at 1:40AM
More Discussions
Toddler Pants: Grovia or Antsy?
Has anybody used both Grovia and Antsy toddler pants?...
SMNDP7
My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk
She understands everything we say, and only selectively...
regansmom
she is too demanding
First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into...
logan524
3 yr old started stuttering
I am the grandmother of a darling 3 yr old little girl....
Joiful
Did I hurt nanny's feelings?
My son (21 mos) goes to a lovely nanny who keeps total...
jollyrd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™