BM sample paint not covering well

nosoccermomJuly 11, 2011

I just got a few BM 2 oz paint samples and found that the paint (cream color) really does not cover my white walls very well. I also remember that I wasn't terribly impressed with BM paint a couple of years ago and had a BM color matched in SW Duration --- which covered very well and has held up very well; it's also scrubbable without changing the color. More recently I used BM Aura and it seemed fine, but I haven't scrubbed it yet.

What kind of paint is the BM sample? Will I have the same problems with coverage with BM Aura in the cream color? Should I switch to SW?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davisgard

I've used the BM sample paints to test out colors, and as I remember, the paints say something about not using them to do actual projects. My understanding was that it isn't the same quality as the actual paint you'd use--just the same color.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 12:08AM
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

My understanding was that it isn't the same quality as the actual paint you'd use--just the same color.

That would be affirmative.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 5:03AM
nosoccermom

Thanks for the feedback. That makes me feel better. Second question: Is BM Aura as good a SH Duration, particularly in terms of coverage and scrubbability, i.e. not changing color when I wipe and slightly scrub it? Thanks!

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 8:12AM
randita

I haven't used Aura, but have a good bit of Duration throughout my house. I can vouch that it covers very well with two coats and wipes well. I don't think any paint can hold up under harsh scrubbing, but the Duration is fine when wiped with a sponge or cloth and gentle detergent.

I imagine the Aura is comparable.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 8:33AM
More Discussions
Front door color for my gray house!
Hey everyone, I need help choosing a front door color....
suzii
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™