Help with shutter color

TNmom2fourJuly 10, 2012

I would love to have some help picking out the color for the shutters on our home. The house is a pale yellow, with grayish brick and a wood stained door. The current color for shutters is a bright blue. I have tried olive green, slate, black and sage green on my photo shop tool, though I was having a hard time with it.

I will try to post the different pics below, thought they are not great quality- sorry!

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessicaml

The blue seems a bit too intense. I hope I don't bore you, but I think your shutters would look best in white to match the trim. I looked at lots of yellow house pictures earlier today while trying to help on another thread, and the most attractive yellow houses (IMO), had white trim and shutters. It's a classic combo, very crisp. If you must be colorful, my very amateur opinion is that you might also be able to do a gray or gray/green (or perhaps a shade from the stone?). Hopefully tomorrow funcolors or someone else with a more nuanced and artistic eye than mine will chime in.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 2:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Kudos for your architect for attaching the shutters to the window frames where they belong. Your photo is showing brown brick and a brown roof on my screen, so I am not seeing the colors as they really are.

If you don't get many responses here, try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™