Need help painting dining chairs

r1tasJuly 27, 2011

I am interested in buying these dining chairs from Overstock: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Microfiber-Parson-Side-Chairs-Set-of-2/2216230/product.html

However, I need them in black finish as the dining table and my other furniture is black. So, I want to buy the above chairs and paint the legs in black. I am scared that I might ruin them. Can anyone please provide some directions on how I can do this? I have painted some rooms in my home before but have never painted any furniture.

Should I sand, prime, and then paint? What type of paint should I use. I read about paint thinners, what are those? SW is close to me but I can get BM paint as well. Which is better for painting furniture and what is the black that is generally used for painting furniture?

Sorry for the long list of questions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

In addition to the responses you get here, you might want to post this on the Home Decorating forum along with photos of the room. There are lots of amateur painters over there who can suggest colors. Or they might convince you that the cherry finish would work in your room.

Bookmark   July 30, 2011 at 8:10AM
More Discussions
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
paint matching from sw to valspar
has anyone had a can of paint matched in another paint...
adoiron
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™