Post Partum

proserpinaOctober 25, 2007

Do you know if post-partum can hit 7 months after having a baby? I thought first it was because I got my period again, then I thought it was because I was having trouble nursing my son... but now it's 3 weeks and I seem to be crying for no reason whatsoever or for any reason possible.

I called my ob and the nurse told me that after the 6-week follow-up, I need to be going to a general practitioner.

I'm at a loss. Any words of wisdom?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Post partum depression is caused by, among other things, a wild fluctuation in hormone levels. If you have weaned your baby, your hormones are doing strange things....and I suppose post partum is a good possibility.
Linda c

Bookmark   October 25, 2007 at 7:23PM
Vickey__MN

According to this article it states..a few weeks to MONTHS after giving birth. See your doctor, left untreated you are doing yourself and your family a disservice.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: post partum depression

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 7:28AM
flychick

I'm speaking from experience. I had Post Partum 2 days after delivery and kept it for 13 days. I cried for 13 days straight for no reason. Finally my hormones got leveled out. Every now and then I feel the Post Partum coming back. You are not alone with this. Please contact your doctor and talk to someone. That was the best thing that I did was talking about it.

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Silversand Photography?? In Home Photographers?
Hi. I keep getting a phone call from Silversand Photography...
beaner
when did you baby roll over?
Hi moms, Do you remember how old your baby was when...
newmom
Won't sleep in his crib
My DS is 4 months old and still sleeps in his carseat....
JacksMom
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??
My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!!...
TamaraCSB
Baby stroller advice please
We are having our first baby in January. There are...
sugar_and_spice
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™