Benjamin Moore Arborcoat experience?

hoopla-pdxJuly 1, 2010

Has anyone used Arborcoat from Benjamin Moore? A local store says it is great stuff, but it hasn't been out for too long and I can't find any information about people's experience with it. Is it possible to know if it will last as long as standard (alkyd/oil) stains?

Anyone use it yet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
masswineguy

Goes on easily. Darker than it looks in the brochure. When waterproof coating dried and got wet, there were chalk-like circle patterns where it dried, but these come right off. Can't judge durability yet.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 7:35PM
paintguy1

The key to success with any deck stain (and most paint projects for that matter) is prep. Get the old coating off, sand off old wood fibers, neutralize (if chemical strippers were used), make sure moisture content is low and apply in the shade according to label instructions. AC is a low VOC product so it dries quickly. Best to have someone putting it on 2-3 boards wide with a roller, and someone else coming behind to back brush (use a 4" stain brush on a pole) to work it in.

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 3:19PM
Rwin4x_comcast_net

Put on arbor coat on a new deck. Did all the right prep etc. Finished in October and after the winter, stain is flaking off and need to refinish. Southern exposure so life of any stain has always been less but this is by far the worst I have used. This deck is a rebuild and extension of an original.

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 9:02PM
More Discussions
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™