baby has rolls

tonib40September 9, 2003

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to do with 2 month old grandaughter. She has some rolls under her neck and the creases are getting really red. We give her a bath and make sure it is dry and try powder and we just put on some cornstarch now, to see if that helps. Any advice would be great cause it looks so sore. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
notenoughroses

Aquaphor - most pharmacies carry this otc product *behind* their counter so you have to ask for it - but it really is a wonder product. My son spit up so much, he was always red around the neck until my pediatrician told me about this. It is also great for preventing diaper rash. ~ Suzie

Bookmark   September 9, 2003 at 7:13PM
barefoot_babe

This happened to my daughter and the Doctor said it was a yeast infection. You might want to check out that possiblilty.

Bookmark   September 11, 2003 at 3:12PM
skatiero

My doc has us put a tiny amound of lotrimin cream in the folds when it gets red like that. Clears it right up. Bibs help a lot as well.

Bookmark   September 25, 2003 at 7:24PM
talley_sue_nyc

if it's not yeast infection, another vote for Aquaphor.

It's basically an industrial-strength Vaseline. It sticks really well, so the moisture barrier remains for much longer than Vaseline's.

The first time I bought it, i had to ask the pharmacist for it (and it ain't cheap!) but last week I saw a smaller package of it on the shelf in the big drug store.

I also have liked a cream called Aloe Vesta; I buy it from the ostomy section of the AARP's drug-store program, which has a phenomanally low shipping&handling--$1, a few years ago--but I've seen it in some drug stores. Get the cream or ointment in the tube, not the lotion. A lot of ostomy products are good, long-clinging moisture barriers. (the Aloe Vesta stays a REALLY long time, and it's not as thick. I used to think is just erased diaper rash).

the Aloe Vesta line also includes an anti-fungal ointment, though I wouldn't get that w/o a doc's OK. The Protective Ointment is just great, though.

for Convatec's Aloe Vesta
http://www.dautermanmedical.com/html/AloeVestaOintment.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: buy Aquaphor online

Bookmark   October 15, 2003 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
Silversand Photography?? In Home Photographers?
Hi. I keep getting a phone call from Silversand Photography...
beaner
just asking for help what's the possibility pregnant or no
Okay i stopped taking birth control back in December...
sammylee216
Baby's eye color....question #3
Hey, it's me again...forum doesn't look too busy today,...
AspenE
Won't sleep in his crib
My DS is 4 months old and still sleeps in his carseat....
JacksMom
Formula to Whole Milk
When did everyone switch from Formula to Whole Milk?...
Abbeys_mom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™