Going back to work?

april_lynn06May 18, 2006

My baby is one month and three days old. Is it to soon for me to return to work? I only work from 5pm to 10pm. I am breast feeding and I have to suplement with formula. I am really concerned that I may have made the mistake of returning to soon.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houseful

I have to say "yes". If you are supplementing, your milk will start to dry up and your baby will start to prefer the bottle. You will never have another chance for that special bond! I think your gut is already telling you the answer anyway.

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 9:47PM
april_lynn06

Thankyou for your response. I did give my work a notice. She seems to be so much happier when I'm with her any way. She isn't satisified with the bottle. I was really afraid of my milk drying up. She is much more important to me than a job.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 6:06PM
emmhip

Have you ever thought about pumping? Your baby might not like formula in a bottle, but might like your milk in a bottle. I work from 9-1 everyday and I pump twice while I am here. My milk production has actually increased!!! I haven't had to suppliment with formula at all. I understand where you are coming from though, it is so hard to leave a little one at home! I came back after 6 weeks, although it was hard, it was sort of nice to get back into the swing of things and chat with adults again. Good luck, hope you are happier at home!

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 9:57AM
april_lynn06

I did try pumping. She only wants the breast.She'll take the bottle but she will cry and cry until she gets the breast. My mother-in-law was watching her and I felt she shouldn't have to deal with a baby that just wouldn't quit cring until I got home. I do miss working but like I said before she is more important to me than any job.

Bookmark   May 29, 2006 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
What do you use to line your CLOTH diaper pail?
We have a fisher price diaper pail that we keep use...
Paty
when did you baby roll over?
Hi moms, Do you remember how old your baby was when...
newmom
I think Gardenweb is being reasonable
I think Gardenweb is being reasonable and I'm very...
Dajyter
Anyone using Alimentum, Pregestamil, or nutramigen (formula)
Dr thinks Logan might have a milk allergy due to the...
AspenE
Are cloth diapers really meant for newborns?
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding cloth diapers....
angmul
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™