Good Toys for 7 mos Old

michie1February 6, 2002

I find that although we have many toys - some on exersaucer, some we carry with us, some in play pen, some in her bedroom & some in the livngroom where we spend most of the day I find that since I put baby down with several toys at a time that they seem to get boring after a while. She has dolls, muscial/electronic toys, ring stacker, Baby Mozart video, hand sized rattles & teethers & stuffed animals, etc. What toys does your baby about this age have that might be interesting. I was thinking of getting her stacking/nesting cups & some musical instruments so she can learn cause & effect. Any other ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nadastimer

When DS was about that age all we could do was keep rotating him around the room to different toys and things. I think that really infants that age do tend to get bored quickly with toys and it seems that they don't really get into them until 1 or later. Try just wondering around the house with her and showing her stuff~like look out the windows. I remember MIL calling it, "the grand tour of the house." She would take DS to each room and allow him to snoop and they'd look out the windows and all that each time we went over there. He really liked seeing his surroundings. They also seem to enjoy watching you and watching is how they learn at that age. I also always talked to DS. If I was making dinner and he was in the room with me, I told him what I was doing and that Daddy would be home and whatever. Oh, and some of the best toys to kids are things you wouldn't consider toys. Like get her a cardboard box to play in. Give her pots and pans to to clang together. We used to joke that DS loved the stuff it came in better than the toys! LOL

~Leslie~

Bookmark   February 7, 2002 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Baby stroller advice please
We are having our first baby in January. There are...
sugar_and_spice
Are cloth diapers really meant for newborns?
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding cloth diapers....
angmul
Anyone using Alimentum, Pregestamil, or nutramigen (formula)
Dr thinks Logan might have a milk allergy due to the...
AspenE
10 wks pregnant. Having a hard time quitting smoking. Suggestions
I would like to quit as soon as possible for the baby....
Ashtreemeadownymph
How much formula does your baby drink?
For those of you who do not breastfeed, I am curious...
newmom
Sponsored Products
Just Off The Color Block Vase
$12.99 | Dot & Bo
MyOwnersBox Storage & Organizers College STACKITS Marshall University 12 in. x
$19.99 | Home Depot
Max Push Car by Sirch
$260.00 | Lumens
Burlap and Lace Ribbon
Grandin Road
Woven Maize Walnut Storage Chest
Overstock.com
Educational Navy and White Rectangular: 2 Ft. 8 In. x 4 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$110.00 | Bellacor
GlideRite 4.5-inch Satin Nickel Shell Cabinet Pulls (Case of 10)
Overstock.com
Medium Wooden Rocking Horse
Fifthroom.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™