Re: When to introduce solids......

lisa1February 14, 2002

Thanks to everyone for your input and advice. smom40, the reason why I've started solids is because my family doctor said I should start him at 3 months (didn't listen to him there), and then I just started taking him to a pediatrician who said that I should start him at 4 months. All the books I've read said not to rush, and that baby can be started between 4-6 months, but also that solids have important nutrients that BM alone won't be able to provide as baby grows. I usually give him rice cereal (just once a day) an hour after I've BF in the afternoon... as a kind of addition, not as a replacement.

So here I am, a mom for the first time and I don't know what to do. In any case, I don't expect to go more than one solids feeding a day for a while, anyway. I'm not in a rush to be feeding him tons of solids this early.

Thanks again for all of your advice...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
the4toofs

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing. It IS so hard to know what to do. Everyone (Pediatricians, books, other moms) has their own idea. I think it's different for everyone and you have to do what works in your family.

Good luck to you.

Angela

Bookmark   February 24, 2002 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
How much does your 3 month old weigh?
Just curious how much your 3 month olds weigh. Taylor...
newmom
Are cloth diapers really meant for newborns?
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding cloth diapers....
angmul
I applaud people who have children!
To all of you folks who elect to start a family/have...
robar
Gentian Violet for thrush...anyone have experience?
I have read so many horror stories about gentian violet...
Shelby_Elsa
Co-Bedding ?
Can someone explain the theory behind this? and when...
Brooklyn_Girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™