Please help with my kitchen cabinet

gnbbgysFebruary 17, 2013

I just bought a house and the kitchen is partially finished, I'd like to add more cabinet to my kitchen. Problem is I cannot find the maker of my cabinet. I had tried to ask seller several times still got no response. I know the chance is slim someone can identify the maker for me from the picture but have to try my luck here. I have search all drawers and doors for the maker label and cannot find it. The cabinet should be installed within 5 years. I am in NY area.

Appreciate your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakuvall

It isn't possible to tell. Does not appear to be site built. The door style would be available from multiple companies or makers. With no name and being in NY they could be locally made. Picture looks like cherry. The is sue will be color match, more so if they are cherry.
Look into upper middle to custom brands sold nearby. Take a drawer pix, piece of wood, picture with you and check around. There are a lot of brands that match colors.

This post was edited by jakuvall on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 19:25

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 6:40PM
taggie

How about posting a layout showing what's there already and what you want to add? Maybe we can suggest an off-color furntiture-look cabinet style if it makes sense? For example, if adding a pantry cabinet area, or dining hutch or beverage center, or island, etc., you may be able to do a contrasting color like a chocolate or a creamy white. Depends on what you're looking to do though.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 6:51PM
ControlfreakECS

Do you know who the builder was? Are the other houses in the neighborhood by the same builder and of the same era? If so, you can contact the builder, or try to get information from neighbors.

Have you looked places like the underside or sides of drawers? Sometimes they have a mark hidden there.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 8:23PM
shannonplus2

I was going to suggest what Controlfreakcs said - look inside the drawers, the underside of drawers, inside the cabinets in the corners, and wherever else in the cabinetry. You should find the maker's name somewhere.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 8:43PM
gnbbgys

jakuvall : Thanks! Yes it's made of Cherry! Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to visit the local cabinet maker store to check it out. This is my first house and I almost know nothing about cabinet brand. Sorry about that. Would you please give me some brand name of cabinet you think might be applicable? I only know *bilotta* which I will go and check out on Monday. I also searched yellow page and angie list for local cabinet makers. Will update the post if I got anything next week. Appreciate agagin!!!!

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 9:22PM
gnbbgys

shannonplus2 and controlfreakecs : Thanks! I will search again all of the drawers and doors.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 9:23PM
gnbbgys

taggie : I am going to add the same cabinet in the pic besides the ovens which makes it impossible to use different colors. If it's island I could definitely use different color. But thanks for your suggestions!!!!

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 9:26PM
gnbbgys

I search the back of the cabinet installed for the island and the bottom of the drawer. I found " SHAW 11993" which is handwritten on the wood. On the bottom of the drawer I see "shzw 11993" I might be wrong, but i looks like "z" instead of "a" in some places. I searched online I only find a SHAW cabinet in CA. But I live in NY. Anyone know what the maker/brand might be? Thanks!

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 10:27AM
live_wire_oak

Post a picture of what you found. Also post a picture of the drawer glides and hinges.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:49AM
gnbbgys

back of the cabinet for island

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:32PM
gnbbgys

drawer glides.

This post was edited by gnbbgys on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 17:34

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:33PM
gnbbgys

another pic

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:35PM
kgolby

Looks like to me the cabinets were made for a client named "Shaw". I could be totally wrong.

This post was edited by kgolby on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 18:33

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:54PM
remodelfla

I was just going to say what kgolby said. Id check to see if there was a prior owner with that name. Then you know they are custom or semi custom

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 6:00PM
robbcs3

Cabinetry makers that are certified by the kcma put a sticker on the sink base door. There is a code you can look up on their website. Not saying you have one, but its a good place to start

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 7:21PM
More Discussions
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Can you help me make an idea board?
After looking more realistically at our kitchen renovation...
dmeah
Painting unfinished RTA cabinets?
Hi all: My apologies if this has been discussed before;...
Sedonia Sipes
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Can a quarter sawn or black kitchen be fun?
Hello.... We are looking for whatever assistance/guidance...
leonardlikespizza
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Cloche 6 Piece Channel Tufted Eastern King...
Great Furniture Deal
Accent Rug: Lillian Latte Brown 1' 8" x 2' 8"
$16.97 | Home Depot
Golden Sky Rug 8' x 11' - IVORY
$2,229.00 | Horchow
Edge 21 30 Wall/Ceiling Light by Artemide
$380.00 | Lumens
Campaign Outdoor Sofa Cushions, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
52-Inch Concept I White Ceiling Fan
$279.95 | Bellacor
Italian Murano Glass Bathroom Sink | Circular Red White Modern Design