2nd round of immunizations

niktenFebruary 11, 2002

Okay we are scheduled to go in of Feb. 14th (of all the bad days to have it). Was it as bad for your little ones as it was the first round? I have been agonizing over going and she is teething now too but they don't seem to bother her too much (the two bottom ones at the same time). She is only a week shy of 4 months so I think she is teething early, but I can see both of them and when she goes to try to chew on my knuckle it's like little pins. Why don't they give babies their shots in their little hamburger buns anymore? My mom said when we got our shots that's where we got them and we never cried.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karla_NE

Hamburger buns?! You are a hoot. Try not to stress over it. Your DD will do just fine. Just give her some Tylenol or Advil to help with any discomfort.

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 10:12PM
jenibv

My little one had a lowgrade fever and Tylenol did the trick. THe first round of shots were way worse than the next ones... Kayla was in such shock the first set I can't even tell you how she broke my heart.

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 2:12PM
MakenziesMom

I leave in about 15 minutes to take DD to get her second round, I am dreading it :( First round brought her swollen legs and a fever for 4 days.
When was your little cherub born? Seems ours may be very close in age. Makenzie was born October 19th.

~Aimee

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 4:01PM
nikten

Sara was born 10/17 so they are really close in age:) She didn't have any problems with the 1st round except for the crying after & during them. I just hate to see her in that kind of pain:(

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 4:14PM
all4cozy

Ava (10/5) had her second round of shots last week with no ill effects! She was so mad (I don't blame her!) but recovered the moment I picked her up.

I did give her a dose of Tylenol when we got home.

Jen

P.S. Afterthought: Her BMs have REEKED since she had the shots! Ava is exclusively breastfed and I haven't eaten anything weird. We are both healthy. I was wondering if it might be something in her system from the immunizations?

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 4:04PM
amygdala

Babies' digestive systems mature all through their first year. During that time their bm's can and will change too as a normal result of that.

A change, after immunizations (or stress) might be normal or expectable. After about 4 months minimum, most babies have developed to the point of being able to digest solids. They might also have a change in odor (whether or not they eat solids, they still have a more mature digestive system which is more 'efficient' and different from a newborn or younger digestive system).

it seems more likely that that change is associated with a stress reaction and/or a change in her digestive system maturity

P.S. If the change seems to be chronic, and she seems to be acting healthy in all other ways it's probably maturity.

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 5:45PM
miriamfeltman

My doctor friends always advised me to give my kids Tylenol, BEFORE we went to the doctors for the injections! It worked well for me, plus, I needed something for me to cope with the trauma of the office visit. Good Luck.

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Won't sleep in his crib
My DS is 4 months old and still sleeps in his carseat....
JacksMom
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??
My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!!...
TamaraCSB
baby signing time
anyone familiar with the program and are currently...
kellyhughes
I applaud people who have children!
To all of you folks who elect to start a family/have...
robar
Baby care products
Hi everyone, my wife and me are expecting our first...
MerrillGuz
Sponsored Products
CINO Wine Bottle Holder by Blomus
$15.29 | Lumens
Round Bronze and Gold Soap Dispenser -44
TheBathOutlet
Bronze and Black Silk Shade Nightlights (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Uttermost Manchester Rust Silver Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
Soraya Rug 6' Round - LIGHT GOLD
$589.00 | Horchow
LBL Duke Suspension 15" Wide Bronze LED Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Indoor Area Rug: Confetti Block Party 7' 10" x 11' 2" Plush
Home Depot
Soft Sided Portable Dog Crate - X-Small (21"L x 15"W x 15"H)
$89.50 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™