Rolling Over During Sleep

Monica1February 4, 2002

My 3 month old DD has just recently started rolling over. Lately she has been doing this in her sleep. Should I be overly concerned (SIDS)? Should I roll her back onto her back when I find her like this or leave her alone? Is this the time to put her in a wedge or would that be dangerous because it might make her stuck on her stomach? She has begun to sleep most of the night, however, I'm not because I'm worried about her sleeping on her stomach.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trekaren

The doc told me at the time that if a baby rolls over on their own, that it means their system is maturing, and SIDS is not as big of a concern. She recommended still putting her down on her back, but if she rolled over on her own, this was ok.

I was worried, too, because the 'back to sleep' sids campaign has been drilled into us. So I called my pediatrician.

Bookmark   February 4, 2002 at 12:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karla_NE

We got the same advice as TREKaren. Sure you can roll her back onto her back, but more than likely she will roll back over again if she has already done it once. Try not to worry. I know it is hard, I went through the same worry. It is amazing the stress they give us before they can even talk! ;-)

Bookmark   February 4, 2002 at 1:41PM
More Discussions
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??
My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!!...
TamaraCSB
How much does your 3 month old weigh?
Just curious how much your 3 month olds weigh. Taylor...
newmom
Are cloth diapers really meant for newborns?
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding cloth diapers....
angmul
Baby stroller advice please
We are having our first baby in January. There are...
sugar_and_spice
10 wks pregnant. Having a hard time quitting smoking. Suggestions
I would like to quit as soon as possible for the baby....
Ashtreemeadownymph
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™