Ideas for expectant Mom? Help!

whazzupFebruary 22, 2003

My co-worker is expecting a baby and we have all pitched in to buy something for her. I only have a few days left to decide what to get since I am the designated shopper. Problem is, she really has everything she could need for the baby. I was thinking about just getting a gift certificate from Babies R Us. Any other ideas? I suggested to the group that we take the money and buy her a day at the spa but they all vetoed the idea.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keli_or

Perhaps a gift certificate to a nice clothing store so she can buy herself something nice to wear when she is too small for maternity clothes but still too big for her regular clothes?

Or a gift certificate for a nice dinner out for her and her husband and include one of yourselves as a babysitter? It's nice to have some "alone time" with your spouse when the baby is a month or two old.

A gift certificate for a one-time cleaning by a cleaning service to be used right before she comes home from the hospital, or on a day when she has an outing with the baby.

These are just off of the top of my head-

Keli, mother of a 12 year old and an 8 month old.

Bookmark   February 22, 2003 at 10:47AM
adellabedella_usa

The gift certificate is nice. I was given a couple of gc's when I had my children and I used them to buy bigger ticket items like a pack'n play and a new car seat. Diapers are nice too.

Bookmark   February 23, 2003 at 12:06PM
talley_sue_nyc

does she have a nursing pillow? I know a woman whose husband's coworkers bought her the breast pump--sort of odd, but greatly appreciated.

Bookmark   February 27, 2003 at 3:39PM
holly_p

My SIL's coworkers got her a maid service for a few months. She loved it! They did all the stuff that gets put on the back burner when you have a new baby.

Bookmark   April 22, 2003 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
What do you use to line your CLOTH diaper pail?
We have a fisher price diaper pail that we keep use...
Paty
How do you know if your infant is lactose intolerant?
My DS is 8 weeks old and I just switched him from Laco...
momjohnjack
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??
My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!!...
TamaraCSB
just asking for help what's the possibility pregnant or no
Okay i stopped taking birth control back in December...
sammylee216
Anyone's first pregnancy over 40?
Hello, I have always wanted children and have just...
goodtastenomoney
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™