Sleep Training - Jodi Mindell

Monkey3February 3, 2002

Did anyone try to sleep train their child using Jodi Mindell's technique? SHe is known as the "kinder, gentler Ferber". Once DS is over his cold, I want to start sleep training him and thought of trying her method. I was wondering if anyone had any success with it, how it worked, etc.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karla_NE

We did not use her particular techinique. However, the techniques we used worked wonderfully. DD is an excellent sleeper. I know this does not answer your question directly, but I just wanted to share a positive experience with sleep training.

Bookmark   February 3, 2002 at 3:00PM
jenibv

Karla,

What sleeping technique did you use? Very curious.

Thanks,
jennifer

Bookmark   February 4, 2002 at 8:26AM
Karla_NE

We took some of the points from Babywise and Ferber. We did not follow either to a tee. The biggest things that helped us were 1) the eat/play/sleep technique, and 2) giving DD time to calm herself down and learn to fall asleep on her own by not responding immediately to her fussing if we knew she was fed, changed, not sick, etc.

Bookmark   February 4, 2002 at 1:03PM
Tobi

We also followed Babywise for our little guy. (also not to to a tee) but we also found the eat/play/sleep thing works wonderfully. I wish we would have used it for our first child. Our DS is totally scheduled and he is the happiest little baby I have ever known!!! At 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm, that boy is sleeping no matter where he is!!
Tobi

Bookmark   February 4, 2002 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Baby care products
Hi everyone, my wife and me are expecting our first...
MerrillGuz
What type of cream? do you use when diapering??
I am due in a couple of months and haven't seen much...
loria
How much does your 3 month old weigh?
Just curious how much your 3 month olds weigh. Taylor...
newmom
How do you know if your infant is lactose intolerant?
My DS is 8 weeks old and I just switched him from Laco...
momjohnjack
Formula to Whole Milk
When did everyone switch from Formula to Whole Milk?...
Abbeys_mom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™