Need a Little Backsplash Help (Pics Included)

gdwright07February 10, 2013

with our first home and first big home improvement (kitchen island) behind us, we're ready to get hot on nailing down a backsplash. We're pretty hard set on the white(ish) subway tile look...of course, picking a white(ish) subway tile is easier said than done right? The challenge we've run up against is exactly what shade of white should we run with? We found a tile recently called Devonshire Cream that we've taken to, it's pretty darn close to our cabinet color though. I guess maybe we're alright with that though...our granite is a Giallo Vincenza and can be described as pretty busy. The clean, cottagy whie subway tile look might help to tone the overall tone of the kitchen down a bit. Again, not sure and am looking forward to your feedback. Also, what should we be looking for in terms of a grout color. Have no idea where to start. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gdwright07

A couple more pics that I thought might help. First is of the devonshire cream tile close up. The second is of our kitchen with a bit of our island to give you a full picture of what we're working with. Thanks.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 6:24PM
ailene54

My granite is similar (Venetian Gold), my cabinets are creamy white, my BS is almost the same color as my cabinets. For similar reasons as you mentioned, my granite is busy. I love how they look together.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 7:43PM
Lake_Girl

You do know not to "nail down" your grout, you have to use that sticky stuff :) Just kidding! I think that subway will look great with your cabs. Sometimes picking a grout color, however, is just as hard as choosing the tile. We chose the basic subway tile at Lowes, and the grout is called Warm Gray by Mapei, also from Lowes. We have soapstone countertops, so that color may not work with your countertops. All the best on your project!

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 7:48PM
gdwright07

that's it? no additional feedback?

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 6:48PM
gdwright07

that's it? no additional feedback?

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:02PM
hosenemesis

They look good. I like white grout with white subway tiles, personally. It comes down to a matter of taste.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:16PM
More Discussions
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
Dishwasher location
How is the location of dishwasher determined? Left...
ourgeorgiahouse
Outlet Covers for Glass Tile?
Hubby and I finally found a backsplash tile that we...
ctincc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™