How much formula does your baby drink?

newmomJanuary 30, 2002

For those of you who do not breastfeed, I am curious how much formula your baby takes at each feeding, and how much each day. Taylor is 3 months and takes about 6-8 5oz bottles of formula a day. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
StaceyB

My daughter Abigail is also three months. She is taking just about the same amount of formula - 6-8 bottles that are 5 ounces. The first bottle in the morning and the last bottle at night are usually between 6-7 ounces.

Bookmark   January 30, 2002 at 5:29PM
jami_nyomi

Nyomi is almost 11 weeks and we *offer* her 6 bottles (every 4 hours or so) that have about 6 ounces. Sometimes she drinks all 6 and sometimes only 4...

I guess that's about the same amount...
about 30 + a day!

love, jami

Bookmark   January 30, 2002 at 5:46PM
Andrea_AZ

Logan is 4 1/2 months and he is now drinking about the same amount but less times a day and more per feeding. He takes about 5 bottles total and all are around 6 oz. About 3 weeks ago we started incorporating rice cereal in the evening (about 2-3 tbs) mixed w/ formula and that has helped him skip that midnight feeding. He now sleeps (usually-knock on wood) from 8pm to 6am, but I have to make sure I feed him right before he goes to bed, like 7:45. I learned that the hard way!

Andrea

Bookmark   January 30, 2002 at 10:37PM
jenibv

Kayla is 3 months also and drinks about the same in a 24 hour period. Some days she is hungrier than other days. Her doctor said she can range from 16 oz to 32 oz a day.

She seems to eat like me..either she is starving and she will drink 2 bottles in a row or she is okay and will "slowly" drink a little.

Bookmark   January 31, 2002 at 7:34AM
mavericks_mom

Mr. Mavoos eats 4oz every 3 hours. He is almost 2 months now.

Bookmark   January 31, 2002 at 9:31AM
nabzvalli_yahoo_com

My baby is now 2mths he was born@35 weeks so he was a premi he drinks between 2 or 3oz every 2-3 hours he weighs now 3.6kg when he was born his weight was 1660kg how much must I get him to drink

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
I applaud people who have children!
To all of you folks who elect to start a family/have...
robar
Anyone using Alimentum, Pregestamil, or nutramigen (formula)
Dr thinks Logan might have a milk allergy due to the...
AspenE
Baby care products
Hi everyone, my wife and me are expecting our first...
MerrillGuz
when did you baby roll over?
Hi moms, Do you remember how old your baby was when...
newmom
Won't sleep in his crib
My DS is 4 months old and still sleeps in his carseat....
JacksMom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™