Evening naps

Abbeys_momJanuary 16, 2002

My Abbey takes a nap around 8:30 am, 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. She is 6 months old. Can someone tell me when they start needing less naps? Especially the 5 pm one... I can never take her anywhere during the evening because she has to have this nap or else she gets cranky. Do the naps just start dwindling down one day?

Abbey's mom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
StacieZ

Oh, I asked this same question awhile ago. DS is just about 7 months and until about a month ago he also took 4 naps, the last one around 5. Now, he goes a little longer between feedings and so only takes three naps, but they are at 8:00, noon, and around 5 also. I don't have any advice about the dinner time nap, just reassurance that your little one isn't the only one sleeping before dinner.

Bookmark   January 16, 2002 at 7:12PM
natalienj

My 7 mo. old still takes 2-3 naps a day sometimes every 2.5 hours or so. But I take her anyway. She sleeps in the car or in the store or wherever we happen to be. But I've always taken her everywhere. She goes out to dinner, lunch, professional society meetings. I love the dinnertime nap b/c then I can cook and sometimes even eat while she's asleep. She still goes to bed at 8 PM or 8:30 at latest.

Bookmark   January 17, 2002 at 8:55AM
michie1

My baby is 6 mos & 3 wks & takes a nap about 1-1/2 hrs. after she wakes (which is almost noon), then another around 3pmish & then one around 6pmish (so about every 3 hrs.). Regardless of when she naps or eats we're on the go. I don't believe in having to rule your life by a schedule. Because of that she can sleep anywhere.

Bookmark   January 18, 2002 at 11:25AM
More Discussions
What type of cream? do you use when diapering??
I am due in a couple of months and haven't seen much...
loria
Anyone's first pregnancy over 40?
Hello, I have always wanted children and have just...
goodtastenomoney
Baby care products
Hi everyone, my wife and me are expecting our first...
MerrillGuz
Gentian Violet for thrush...anyone have experience?
I have read so many horror stories about gentian violet...
Shelby_Elsa
Stroller question
Hi, I am a soon to be first time father and my wife...
Servi
Sponsored Products
Versailles Shaggy Leaf Beige Rug (5'3 x 7'6)
Overstock.com
Camden Wood Bookcase/China Cabinet - Cream - 920-588
Hayneedle
Monarch Specialties Satin White Mirrored 1 Drawer Accent Cabinet I 3713
Beyond Stores
WAC Modern Forms | Vela OLED Wall Light
YLighting
Hughes Leather Armless Sofa - Brighton Ciment Gray
Joybird Furniture
Evening Tide Table Lamp
$207.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™