Painting over/patching Ralph Lauren Linen textured paint?

adh673July 5, 2011

In my kids bathroom I did a medium denim color Ralph Lauren linen (textured) paint several years ago, I really like its sort of beachy feeling in there.

However, I now need to update the light fixture- one of those old bar "hollywood" looking things, and I dont know what to do about this paint. I dont even remember the color I used anymore but I dont think I have any hope of matching the linen weave to fill in the areas that will now be uncovered when I remove this light bar. I might be stuck repainting the entire bathroom, but if so, How does one repaint over this texture?

Any advice??

I also am going to paint the oak vanity cabinets so if anyone has advice on that too. I would replace it but with another baby on the way, I think it makes sense to keep the super low height for a while longer. I'm hoping paint will make it less ugly for now!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Can you make an ornamental band or panel of paint that covers the area that isn't textured? Or frame around the new light with some molding and paint the inside of the framed area a solid color?

As for the oak vanity: Gel stain from General finishes can make them into nice dark "pottery barn" looking things with a minimum of work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gel stain

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 1:05PM
More Discussions
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™