Gray Cabinets

kjreifFebruary 25, 2013

Does anyone happen to know what lines carry a gray cabinet? I was thinking about doing unfinished and finishing them here myself, but I'd like to compare pricing to a finished cabinet..

Thanks,
Kelly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Melanie2012

I have ordered cabinets for my new master bath from KraftMaid in Greyloft. You can see some examples on their site or Home Depot sells KraftMaid. It looks much better in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greyloft

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:05PM
stacylh

I think Martha Stewart's line also carries gray cabs at Home Depot.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 7:13PM
ArlingtonVAremodel

Not sure where you live and whether this is an option, but the Brighton line from Cabinet Discounters has a color called Spaulding (Spalding?), which I just did on my island and laundry room/pantry cabinets. It's a very earthy gray.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 10:25PM
kjreif

Thanks all - Really appreciate it!

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:06PM
Gooster

Fieldstone also has several shades of tinted varnish:
http://www.fieldstonecabinetry.com/finishes/?finish_id=8

Crystal has a light grey called Stonebridge:
http://www.crystalcabinets.com/Finishes/Finishes.htm

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:30PM
breezygirl

Then there's always the route of finding a local, custom cab maker, whose pricing may very well come in less than semi-custom as mine did, and having the cabs painted any of the thousands of shades gray available on the paint market.

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:34PM
graceliz

Here is a grey kitchen that Best Cabinets completed for one of my clients. They Mix their own stains and can make almost any color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Cabinets

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 12:22AM
steph2000

Dura Supreme has some pretty greys. They seem to have really nice paint finishes.

And, the Canyon Creek Katana frameless cabinets I just looked at had a sweet gray stain I was impressed with. It was called Sea Drift, on the dark side of driftwood. How rustic it reads depends a lot on the wood choosen. It read distinctly grey, but on the warm side with a brown undertone.I saw it with a chocolate glaze and it really looked good - and is appealing for the stain.

Grey is so hot right now, I imagine almost all the lines have something these days.

This post was edited by Steph2000 on Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 4:12

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 1:24AM
live_wire_oak

Grays are hot right now. You ought to be able to find them in almost any line. I just did a kitchen for a lady in the Kemper Whitman door style in Dover White with a Storm Island. It's being delivered next week, so no pics. You'll have to use your imagination right now. :)

Whitman Shaker style door

Dover (a greyed off white, not the door style though)

Storm Color (Not the door style though)

And here are some pics of our Dynasty display in Porch Swing on Cherry. It's a translucent stain, not a paint, if you are looking for something like that.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 9:38AM
mayberry_moon

I just ordered gray stained Beckwith style Dynasty kitchen cabinets from Osborne and Dermody in Reno, NV. The smoky hills stain, which is a soft warm gray. I'm using a truffle (very deep brown) stain on the island/butler's pantry. Both in alder.

I almost did a white kitchen, but somehow in the end the architecture of the house felt like it needed these elegant colors (don't ask me to explain why - or I'll go on and on without saying anything that makes much more sense than that). I hope it was the right choice!

Someday soon I'll figure out how to post pictures - I wish I could just upload directly instead of opening an account somewhere.

Here's my favorite online pic of gray cabs - these are custom (from Houzz).

http://www.houzz.com/photos/273954/Black-Residence-contemporary-kitchen-tampa

Here's another Houzz link with the gray cabinets I'm ordering, though I believe in a different wood (and with white cabinets):

http://www.houzz.com/photos/823237/Pine-Crest-Road--Mountain-Brook-contemporary-kitchen-birmingham

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 10:51AM
nosoccermom

IKEA Abstract.

They also have a gray wood kitchen, Lidingo, currently in Europe; I bet it'll be here soon.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Delta arctic stainless faucet with Kraus ss sink
We are planning to buy a Krauss ss 30" or 32"...
poppy3212
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™