Wet diapers during the night-10 week old DS

AspenEJanuary 17, 2002

I don't change DS diaper overnight unless he ever fully wakes up which he doesn't. I just wait until morning. He doesn't poop over night either, otherwise I would change it. Normally when I change it at 6:15 am it is VERY heavy because it hasn't been changed since 8:30 or so the night before. However this so morning, when my husband brought him down to me (I was already up getting ready for work downstairs), and I went to change him, I had to holler out to my husband and ask if he had changed him in the last 1/2 hour or so. He was HARDLY wet at all. His diapers had been wet at daycare and all, he didn't seem sick. I started thinking back and I realized that after I fed him last night before bed, he was awake for a while (usually he drifts off shortly after eating, we might "talk" for a few minutes) but last night he was awake for about 1/2-1 hour after his last feeding. I then changed him and just rocked him in the chair with his binkie while I watched tv and he fell asleep. He also didn't wake up to eat at 3-3:30 like usual either, I just nudged him and pulled him close at 4:30am to eat so i could get out of bed at 5 to get ready for work. (we co-sleep so I didn't really have to wake him up..just wanted to feed him so he didn't wake up hungry while I was in the shower downstairs). So really from bed time till that 6:15 diaper change he just had a small "snack" at 4:30, is that why the diaper was so light...? that is the only explanation I can come up with. I am planning to ask his daycare provider about his diapers today. Do most of your babies have pretty wet diapers over night? I know once they are toddlers and close to being potty trained they can start holding it more over night, I just didn't know if babies ever peed less during the night, or if it is just a coincidence based on the feeding times last night. Thanks for your insight

Aspen (Logan)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nikten

My DD is 12 weeks and sometimes she has light diapers in the am and sometimes they are really wet because I don't usually change them unless she wakes up fully during the night either. Of course she usually waits until I have changed her and then as soon as the new diaper is on lets loose.

Bookmark   January 17, 2002 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
baby signing time
anyone familiar with the program and are currently...
kellyhughes
Gentian Violet for thrush...anyone have experience?
I have read so many horror stories about gentian violet...
Shelby_Elsa
Anyone's first pregnancy over 40?
Hello, I have always wanted children and have just...
goodtastenomoney
Baby Einstein Videos, love or leave 'em??
My Raquel has the Shakespeare and the Dolittle ones!!...
TamaraCSB
What type of cream? do you use when diapering??
I am due in a couple of months and haven't seen much...
loria
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™