One Paint Color for Entire House- Help!

Whitney0209July 18, 2012

Hello everyone! This is my first time EVER posting to a Discussion Board like this, but I've found this site quite useful and figured I should give it a try.

With that said, please help me! I'm currently building a new home and we've opted to paint the entire interior of our house one color. This is my entire house we're talking about here! Scarey. I want to go with something in the beige/tan/light brown range. I currently have Ralph Lauren Sisal in my house, which I love, but I'm wanting something a bit more rich looking maybe a little darker but not too dark. My favorite paint color ever is Benjamin Moore Davenport Tan. I currently have this color in two rooms in my house now. Obviously this color is too dark for my entire home. However, I need something similar but not as dark. All of the trim, doors, and ceilings will be painted white. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I should just stick with Ralph Lauren Sisal in this house as well?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

When building a new house it's about location, location, location.

When painting that new house all one color before you move in it's about full spectrum, full spectrum, full spectrum.

Maybe Google a bit about full spectrum paint colors.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 2:03PM
debbiedoes

Check out Ellen Kennon's "Mushroom". It is a complex full spectrum beige that is very popular. Named by House Beautiful Mag Editor's Pick as one of the top 4 colors in the brown category. Never boring beige since it changes with the light constantly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen Kennon's website

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 10:37AM
randita

Can you check with the color consultant at either the Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore store and ask what they'd recommend? They can tell you what decorators are doing.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 11:38PM
More Discussions
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Paint color choice is holding up the job, would appreciate your help
I know a lot of people ask for paint help, here's one...
peggie123
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™