Funny - clueless expectant Mom

whazzupJanuary 18, 2003

Just thought I would share a funny item for all you new parents! A lady I work with is expecting her first child. She's doing really well and is due in March. Yesterday she came into work, dragging through the door and looking very tired. I asked her how she was doing and she said, "oh, I've been up since 5 because the baby was flipping and turning around and wouldn't settle down. I'll be so glad when she gets here so I can finally get some sleep!"

HA! I gently broke the news to her that if she thinks she's tired now, just wait! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trekaren

You got that right! Mine is 5 years old and still comes up with reasons to wake Mom up at night!!!

As an infant, she slept 5-hour stretches, which we felt was a blessing. Most of our friends only got 2-hour stretches of solid sleep.

Bookmark   January 20, 2003 at 7:44AM
Angela_in_WI

Isn't this so true, hah! My little one 8 months old, just started sleeping through the night about 1 month ago.

Bookmark   January 27, 2003 at 3:53PM
sheilajoyce_gw

When mom is pregnant, if she is on her feet all day and running, her baby is basically being rocked inthe uterus and sleeps wonderfully. then when Mom stops to sleep herself, the baby gets uncomfortable and wakes up to play--thus all teh turning, etc. A very busy day for mom means summersaults all night for baby.

Bookmark   February 9, 2003 at 6:07PM
adellabedella_usa

Dh's cousin reminded of this post the other day. She 's getting married. Her and her fiance were discussing children. DH's cousin said to another cousin "I already have three dogs. How much harder could it be?" We're betting she gets a nanny.

Bookmark   May 4, 2003 at 11:55AM
skatiero

Whew. I have a three month old (our fourth child) and much as I adore our little midnight rendezvous, I am really looking forward to when he starts sleeping through the night. Here's a funny-- when my cousin was a baby, my aunt was convinced he had ringworm since he had these rashes which were raised red circles. nothing she tried worked, so finally she brought him to the doctor, and the doctor pointed out that the circles were in a perfect line--- he was reacting to the snaps on his sleepers!

Bookmark   May 5, 2003 at 11:12PM
talley_sue_nyc

hey, she MIGHT be right--my first slept for 8 hours her first night home from the hospital and never quit that cycle.

And she slept for 4 hours during the day. Naptime for mom!

She was kind of big, and a nursing champ, so that helped.

The other thing that's true is, when the baby DOES sleep, you can too! You don't have all these people (including your own self) expecting you to do all this other stuff. Esp. not your first baby--taking a nap is ACCEPTABLE on maternity leave, but it's not while you're pregnant and working.

Even w/ my second, who ate every 3 hours round-the-clock (he was a little early and had a tiny stomach), I wasn't as exhausted as I'd feared.

Bookmark   October 15, 2003 at 5:39PM
phyllis_philodendron

Yes, usually the bigger they are the sooner they sleep through the night. One of the advantages of birthing a huge baby, I suppose. If baby is in your room with you you'll probably be awake anyway with every little sound he makes, so what difference does it make? LOL

Bookmark   October 23, 2003 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
Crib Bumper Pad
Do you have any recommendations for a good crib bumper...
Laurie
Best and worst baby items
Hello there! My husband and I are expecting our first...
Zena
How much does your 3 month old weigh?
Just curious how much your 3 month olds weigh. Taylor...
newmom
How do you know if your infant is lactose intolerant?
My DS is 8 weeks old and I just switched him from Laco...
momjohnjack
when did you baby roll over?
Hi moms, Do you remember how old your baby was when...
newmom
Sponsored Products
AFD Home Funny Reindeer
Beyond Stores
Chasing Zombie Wall Rack
$45.99 | Dot & Bo
Santa Pulling A Sleigh Scene
Overstock.com
Macbook Graphic Design Skin
$33.99 | Dot & Bo
Halloween Character Stacker
Overstock.com