lousy burp cloths

sheilajoyce_gwJanuary 21, 2007

DD just had her first baby, and we had bought various packages of burp cloths. They are knitted and cute, but rather small, and they shrinked too. I cannot believe how small they are. Thank goodness I had made some double sided flannel burp cloths for her with the scraps from the receiving blanket I made. So she asked me to make a few more for her. Now I know what to make as a gift for new moms--sturdy, two-sided 100% cotton flannel burp cloths with a crocheted edge. Not a fancy gift, but sure appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I found the store burp cloths were pretty bad too. I bought plain cloth diapers and used those. My friend appliques a design on hers and monograms them.

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 4:38PM
xine

Yep -- I bought two packages (for a total of 20, I think) of cloth diapers. They are something like 15" x 20". The only thing I wish they were was a different color. White is nice to hide the spit up, but it's no good when you are reaching for a burp cloth and don't know where there's a "land mine" on it. Ha!

With 20 burp cloths I am able to have one or two in the living room, one near the glider in the nursery, one in her diaper bag, and one in her car seat, while changing them out as they become dirty... without having to do laundry every day.

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 7:51PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I have since bought cloth diapers and now am crocheting edging on them. Just a lot easier than making the flannel ones as I have eliminated needing to sew 2 pieces together.

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 10:10PM
lindac

A friend made my DIL some burp cloths by decorating terry hand towels with sewn on trim. They lasted through 3 kids. They are not terribly cheap after you buy the towels and the trim but a really wonderflu shower gift! And you really don't have to decorate them just buy some hand towels ( not finger tip) in the colors of your choice.
Linda C

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Stroller question
Hi, I am a soon to be first time father and my wife...
Servi
I applaud people who have children!
To all of you folks who elect to start a family/have...
robar
baby signing time
anyone familiar with the program and are currently...
kellyhughes
Formula to Whole Milk
When did everyone switch from Formula to Whole Milk?...
Abbeys_mom
10 wks pregnant. Having a hard time quitting smoking. Suggestions
I would like to quit as soon as possible for the baby....
Ashtreemeadownymph
Sponsored Products
Five-drawer Chest
Overstock.com
Tech Lighting Ryker 18" Wide Black Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
Winter Brambles Coat Rack
$12.99 | Dot & Bo
Lola Queen Bed Frame in Black
$359.00 | LexMod
Linen Paintable Wallpaper
Grandin Road