Pendant light switch on island placement?

juleecatFebruary 15, 2013

If we keep the same footprint of our island but make it single-level, where would you suggest we put the switch for the pendants? Electrical outlets can go on both ends of island. Garbage disposal switch can be mounted inside angular cabinet, which has our trash can in it. (We are on septic system and rarely use GD). The panel below the sink is hinged-has sponge storage tray...maybe a spot for the switch? Any pix of your solution would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

I located mine just outside the kitchen on an actual wall. Alternatively, a counter air switch would work for both the GD and also for your light switch.

This post was edited by breezygirl on Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 20:37

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:52PM
kgolby

Juleecat,

Can you please post pics when your remodel is complete? Our islands are almost identical & we are cutting down our upper bar too. Would love to see how your island transforms after the remodel.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 5:31PM
mpagmom

I would have two switches - one next to the switch for the other kitchen lights and one on the island next to an outlet. Since you'll have outlets on both ends pick the side further from the other switch.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 7:54PM
juleecat

Kgolby-we are having a rectangular single level island built. Decided if we are going to do this, we need to do what we hope will function better than this angled island. Still in the planning stages, but so relieved that we decided to "fix" this! Will update as we make progress, but we won't complete this until may or June...lots of "life" going on right now! Good luck!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 6:44PM
kgolby

My husband & I discussed doing the same thing. After many discussions we decided to keep same footprint. It does work for us & I didn't have to worry about trying to find more floor tile. That was nice to not have to worry about one more thing. :)

We are suppose to start in the next 2 weeks so I'll post pics for you to see. Good luck, too!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 10:47PM
More Discussions
Kitchen update.
New cabinets - Natural Cherry - Ramsey Cabinets VA Soapstone...
arch123
please share feedback merillat classic, eastman, armstrong
I've been looking for moderately priced cabinets. Please...
abekker
Gray Tile Grout - hideous HELP!!
Please help! I asked my tile guy to update our backsplash....
isheryl
Need help with kitchen
Please help me with my kitchen lauout. My builder's...
ourgeorgiahouse
Ceramic Beadboard Backpslash - Done
This past week we had our ceramic beadboard backsplash...
SusieQusie60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™