Please educate me re: garbage disposal air switches

kgolbyFebruary 22, 2013

The air switch gizmo is brand new to me. My existing island has an upper bar which is going to be cut down and new island will be one level. I currently have a switch to operate GB but will be going to an air switch or whatever the push button gizmo is called. I looked on Amazon to see about purchasing one & I've seen listings for just the button & then listings with the button plus the power module. Can you please let me know which one I need to purchase? My granite installer does provide one but I'm not sure what brand it is. It seems like the recommended brand on GW is ISE. Thanks for the education. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nycbluedevil

I have a Waterstone faucet and a matching Waterstone air switch. Depending on what brand faucet you use, perhaps they make a coordinating switch?

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 5:49PM
kgolby

I purchased a Hansgrohe faucet. I'll check that out. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 5:51PM
jerzeegirl

You definitely need the power module which comes with a button but it may not be the color you want (I think it comes with chrome and white buttons). If you want a brushed nickel or black button then you need to buy the separate pack of buttons.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 5:58PM
suzanne_sl

The easiest thing to do is to go down to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy one. Insinkerator is widely available and works perfectly for right around $60. Amazon is less if that works better for you.

When you buy this, you need all these parts:

The plug you see here goes into the wall under the sink. The plug on your GD plugs into the box. The tubing is attached to the underside of the button. The kit comes with 3 different buttons: chrome, white, and satin nickel. You use one and toss the other two. If you need a different color/finish, that's when you buy the ones you see being sold as single units.

You'll love having this thing!!

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 5:59PM
kgolby

Thank you! The chrome button is the one I'll need. The ISE image you posted, suzannesl, is exactly the combo that I've seen on Amazon.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 6:03PM
suzanne_sl

:-) That's because I used the Amazon photo, but I used that photo because it's easy to see what we're talking about. The kit is the the same from other sources.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 6:34PM
kaysd

Does the chrome ISE button feel like metal or like plastic?

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 8:12PM
breezygirl

Kay--I thought I answered this on one of your threads. The ISE polished chrome switch does NOT feel or look like plastic. I hate faux chrome/stainless enough that I would have paid much more for a different air switch brand if this was the case. And I have two!

Here's my Hansgrohe faucet with Elkay soap dispenser and ISE air switch, all in polished chrome.

Hansgrohe does not make air switches.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 8:43PM
kaysd

Thanks, Breezy. You may have answered and I just missed it. Been going crazy the past 3 days trying to wrap up litle details while I babysit cabinet and appliance installers.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 9:07PM
breezygirl

No problem. :) The finish line is in sight for you finally! Hope install is going well.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
thoughts about Grabill and/ or Superior Woodcraft kitchen cabinets
Hi, everyone. Does anyone here have experience with...
katherine10583
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Question on size of wall cabinets flanking cooktop
I'm planning 45" wall cabinets for my uppers....
seb225
Help! Are rift cut, slab cabinets always veneer?
We got a sample of our door color for our slab, rift...
frogster
Carrara all the way!
It's my first post here, and I have to thank you all...
somersetlass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™