Painted doors, how long to put knobs on?

EngineerChicJune 20, 2012

I'm in the process of painting interior doors for our second floor. I've read that latex paint takes 30 days to cure but I have a couple questions:

1 - Should I wait 30 days before having the door knobs installed? I sprang for the pricey Emtek knobs because I really wanted black knobs with a rectangular rosette. So I'm torn between getting to see them on the doors finally and thinking I doubly don't want to mess them up somehow.

2 - I'm using Floetrol with Benjamin Moore Satin paint in Superwhite. Should I expect the curing process to take longer b/c of the Floetrol (and b/c of the warmer, more humid summer weather)?

It's slow going, but so far they look pretty good. I can't get them to be brush-stroke free but I'm not a pro. I am hiring a pro to do the windows (they are pre-primed and I don't want to risk painting them shut or slopping paint into the tracks).

Thanks in advance for the help!

-EChic

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

If you are careful, 3 or 4 days should work.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 4:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chefwong

Wait as long as you can before 30 days IMO. Paint is not the same as it used to be. With these super low VOC paints...it takes that long to fully cure. With that said, I just recently did some repainting and after 2 weeks, did I put the switch/outlet coverplates on, etc

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 8:00AM
More Discussions
paint matching from sw to valspar
has anyone had a can of paint matched in another paint...
adoiron
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Paint color choice is holding up the job, would appreciate your help
I know a lot of people ask for paint help, here's one...
peggie123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™