Stucco foam trim

malibujimJune 10, 2010

Not exactly paint,.....but can't find a forum for this. I am getting ready to paint my stucco home myself and I've been toying with the idea of adding stucco foam trim around the window frames. There are a couple companies that sell it on-line, as a do-it-yourself project. Stryotrim in Sacramento is one I'm looking at. I see a lot of people in Cal. have this done during paint or restucco projects, and a lot of new homes have it around the windows & doors. Just wonder if it is as easy as they say ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forboystoo

I've either seem it at Home Depot or Lowes for sale .At least you would be able to sample a pc. before the investment.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 10:54PM
sunroomguy

I've had a very bad experience with what your suggesting. i used a commercial styro trim around the windows on the front of our new home. since the durable drivit coating is not available to the diy-er, i found a rubberized coating and applied it. looked great (for 2 weeks) and then strange holes started appearing. had me baffled until one day a wood pecker flew up and started pecking on it. they have now made 2" holes in several places on all the top pieces. i am now in the process of replacing it all which is now taking 3 time longer. hope this helps.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 9:34PM
macjj_cox_net

I too am considering replacing the wood trim with stucco trim. I contacted Stryotrim of Sacramento, however I am not convinced they are the best choice. They could not provide a sample of the product, and they have no refund policy. I also contacte Cyrus Foam products out of the LA area - they were even less responsive.

Not sure of your outcome - but very interested.

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™