Stucco foam trim

malibujimJune 10, 2010

Not exactly paint,.....but can't find a forum for this. I am getting ready to paint my stucco home myself and I've been toying with the idea of adding stucco foam trim around the window frames. There are a couple companies that sell it on-line, as a do-it-yourself project. Stryotrim in Sacramento is one I'm looking at. I see a lot of people in Cal. have this done during paint or restucco projects, and a lot of new homes have it around the windows & doors. Just wonder if it is as easy as they say ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
forboystoo

I've either seem it at Home Depot or Lowes for sale .At least you would be able to sample a pc. before the investment.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 10:54PM
sunroomguy

I've had a very bad experience with what your suggesting. i used a commercial styro trim around the windows on the front of our new home. since the durable drivit coating is not available to the diy-er, i found a rubberized coating and applied it. looked great (for 2 weeks) and then strange holes started appearing. had me baffled until one day a wood pecker flew up and started pecking on it. they have now made 2" holes in several places on all the top pieces. i am now in the process of replacing it all which is now taking 3 time longer. hope this helps.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 9:34PM
macjj_cox_net

I too am considering replacing the wood trim with stucco trim. I contacted Stryotrim of Sacramento, however I am not convinced they are the best choice. They could not provide a sample of the product, and they have no refund policy. I also contacte Cyrus Foam products out of the LA area - they were even less responsive.

Not sure of your outcome - but very interested.

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Bathroom paint advice (lots of wood/almond/gold)
I need advice for my only full bathroom. Currently...
rara_avis21
Question about repainting exterior door
The front door on my house is fiberglass, and was painted...
patriceny
Wall color for dark gray couch with yellow accent pillows
Wondering what wall color would look good with a dark...
hammy5
Complementary colors for Putnam Ivory?
Hi, my new basement is painted BM Putnam Ivory (IRL...
mom2sulu
Sponsored Products
Align Upholstered Armchair in Charcoal
$329.00 | LexMod
Black and White Story 12-Light Chandelier in Black Satin Lacquer Finish
Bellacor
Authentic Talatech 230 Thread Count Latex Foam Firm Density Pillow
Overstock.com
Eurofase Recessed New Construction Par 20 Single Plate
Euro Style Lighting
Couture Suspension
Lightology