Color advice for my kitchen and trim

changaJune 16, 2011

I am planning on painting my ugly builder's oak cabinets this summer. I would like to do some shade of white. I was lucky enough to find brushwork's tutorial, so I will be following that method. My husband and I have already painted the living room in BM Wildflowers and the kitchen/dining in BM Soothing Green, and that's pretty much the extent of our DIY experince (so far). I have a few questions:

1. We have used BM Aura in our home, so I'm familiar with it. Is that okay to use on the cabinets too, or should I use the Impervo?

2. Which BM white would be best to use with our colors? We would like to paint the pantry door and trim throughout the house in the same white if possible. Is that overkill?

Thanks in advance. This site has already been extremely helpful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
changa

Our kitchen is BM Soothing Green, and we really like the color. I guess I am just not sure if the BM colors we've already chosen are "cool" or "warm" colors, so I don't want to get the wrong white to go with it. I've seen the many posts here that talk about "good whites", but just wondering if it would be too much to have the same color on the cabinets and trim, too.

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
OIL BASED PAINT
Read on another thread about oil based paints being...
kashka_kat
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™