Paint colors that go well with Dark wood trim

Juanita1206June 11, 2012

Hello, I need help finding paint colors that go well with dark wood trim.

I just moved in with my boyfriend and right now he has this grey/baige color throughout the house. I don't really care for how it looks. So we've decided to repaint the whole house. so i am trying to get ideas on paint colors that might go well with the dark wood trim. we've been looking but cant seem to decide. Please help! :)

Any suggestions or pictures would be helpful

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Do you get a sense of the undertone of the wood trim? Orange, red, brown?

Try some very soft yellows. Get some paint chips with names like buttercream and see how they look.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 9:10PM
gdeann

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 10:05AM
gdeann

We are currently doing the same thing! Just as the other poster suggested, we went with yellows, oranges etc. I never thought I could be brave enough to use so much color (I'm an antique white girl) but I am loving the contrast of walls and trim. We went with the SW HGTV palette called color pizazz I believe. No messing up, just choose as many or as few of the colors you like and go for it! They all work and compliment each other beautifully. GOOD LUCK!

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 10:16PM
dvarnell

BM November Rain is a lovely neutral that would work well with dark wood. Also, look at House Beautiful's paint color app. Lots of great suggestions from designers.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 11:08PM
sis2two

A friend of mine just used Harmony and Flowering Herb by Benjamin Moore with stained trim and they look great. Having said that, her stain appears to be dark and has no reddish tones.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 12:42AM
More Discussions
Looking for creamy light gold paint. Anyone?
Want to paint using a really light creamy color with...
jtaime2
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
White/cream to compliment Simply White trim?
For small hallway and bathroom. Trim is BM simply white....
randekasp
Wall color for dark gray couch with yellow accent pillows
Wondering what wall color would look good with a dark...
hammy5
Sherwin Williams vs. Ben. Moore vs. Behr
Hello. I currently have Behr and SW paint in our home....
Bridget Helm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™